Book Review: The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson

Monday, December 14, 2009

And now for something completely different...a book review! I finished reading Andrew Davidson's first novel, The Gargoyle in the past couple of days and I thought that I would share my thoughts.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this book and the coworker who lent it to me was a little unsure about whether I would be interested in it or not. She enjoyed it, so I decided...why not?

I have to say that I enjoyed this novel immensely. That being said, be forewarned that it is a very intense read; certainly not light by any stretch of the imagination. The trials and tribulations of the main characters was certainly very extreme and laid out in some case in rather graphic detail. Ultimately, though, it was one of those novels that did a masterful job of weaving a number of historical narratives in with the present day.

A mixture of religious symbolism brought together in a very readable story spanning the ages. Some may find the details of certain aspects rather unpleasant and distasteful but in the end they pull the story together rather well imho.

The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
Check out more about this title at Amazon.com.

0 comments: